"The family, which is founded and given life by love, is a community of persons: of husband and wife, of parents and children, of relatives. Its first task is to live with fidelity the reality of communion is a constant effort to develop an authentic community of persons."
-Pope John Paul II (1981) Apostolic Exhortation on the Family, #18
The vocation to marriage and family life is a worthy endeavor. Nowhere else do the fruits of our existence and faithfulness become so known as those evidenced within the context of family life.
Church teaching and guidance on Family life may be found in official documents from:
Parenting Programs Offered through our Diocese:
-back to top
St. John Paul II taught us that the family is the first and foremost school of virtue where the members learn to be a gift to others. Through their family, children learn foundational lessons about the world around them that equip them to discern right from wrong and develop good morals and values (On the Role of Christian Family in the Modern World, 42-43).
As the primary educators of your children, you are best suited to helping your children grow in goodness and virtue. However, raising children in today’s secular society is challenging. Some days it can seem almost impossible to instill holiness and virtue in our kids. That’s why the Office of Marriage and Family Life has partnered with Family Honor to bring you Leading & Loving, an interactive program designed to help parents create an individual plan for purposeful parenting.
The next Leading & Loving program will be offered on Friday and Saturday, May 12 and 13, 2017 at St. Joseph Church in Stuart, FL. The Friday session runs from 6:30 PM to 9 PM and the Saturday session runs from 8:45 AM to 1:45 PM.
For more information and to register, please click here.
- Family Honor, Inc. has over 25 years field experience in helping parents teach their children virtues. Family Honor's truly unique program, Leading & Loving, is designed for parents of young children, newborn through age 12. You will come away with practical techniques for developing virtue in your children and for answering some of your children's most challenging questions about life and human sexuality.
- Leading & Loving is a six-module program for PARENTS ONLY that presents the beautiful truths about human sexuality through the lens of St. John Paul II’s landmark teaching known as “Theology of the Body.”
- Learn more at www.familyhonor.org/
Please check back for future dates or call the Office of Marriage & Family Life at 561-775-9524 to schedule a program at your parish or school.
-back to top
This newly restyled Mother-Daughter Program invites daughters and their moms (or other significant women in their lives) to an afternoon tea party and program that explores God’s special plan for growing up and becoming a woman.
In a setting of love and learning, the program seeks to foster a closer bond between mother* and daughter(s) to encourage ongoing communication about real life issues such as the gift of femininity, fertility, modesty, chastity, healthy dating relationships and more. Moms are invited to a special breakout session to help equip them to set the stage for and address their daughters’ questions and concerns about sexuality. Each Mom receives a booklet to help guide those discussions.
*Note: A Grandmother, Stepmother, Aunt or Older Sister, whoever serves as a mother figure, is welcome to accompany her “daughter”.
Please check back for future dates or call the Office of marriage and Family Life at 561-775-9557.
-back to top
The all new Father-and-Son Program focuses on building the foundation for communication between father and son and exploring the goodness and wonder of God's plan for growing up and becoming a man. Dads are invited to a special breakout session to help equip them to set the stage for and address their sons’ questions and concerns about sexuality. Each Dad receives a booklet to help guide those discussions. The program includes physical challenges mixed with engaging and informative discussions covering a range of topics including:
- Man Up – Be a Real Man: Answers the question “Who am I?” What does it mean to be a real man? To be a leader? To be a protector? Understand the man God made you to be…what it means to be a virtuous man, one who exhibits honesty and strength, who upholds the dignity of human life, who is confident in his faith.
- All In – Your Call to Greatness: Addresses each man’s primary vocation and call to greatness. Discusses the positive characteristics men exhibit as protectors, builders, spiritual leaders, and fathers, and addresses each man’s journey to their specific vocation.
- Accept the Challenge - Are You Ready? Explores healthy dating relationships with a strong emphasis on responsibility, chastity and respect for themselves and others by appreciating the gift of sexuality and the beauty of friendship.
- Got Questions?: Confidential Q & A segment
Discussion leaders are Clergy, Specialists in Education and other Family Life Ministry trained volunteers. For boys ages 12-15.
Please check back for future dates or call the Office of Marriage and Family Life at 561-775-9557.
-back to top