A Brief History of
Our Lady of Fatima
This article recalls the events that took place over a period of six months in 1917, in the fields of Fatima. Pope Francis will visit Fatima to mark this anniversary and canonize 2 of the 3 children who witnessed the apparitions. Read article
May 13th marks the 100th anniversary of the appearance of Our Lady of Fatima. Mary appeared to three peasant children near Fatima, Portugal, six times between May 13 and October 13, 1917, and asked them to pray the rosary daily. She also asked for prayers for world peace and an end to World War I, prayers for sinners, and prayers for the conversion of Russia.
This calendar page lists some of the events submitted by our parishes to the diocesan Events. We suggest contacting a parish directly for further information on these events or to find out if a parish not listed here will be having a special observance. Please utilize our online Parish Directory to find the location, address and contact information for our parishes.
- St. Philip Benizi Church - Event: Mass and Adoration. The parish will have a Trilingual Mass (English, Spanish & Creole) on Saturday at 7:00 p.m. After Mass there will be Adoration to pray for peace. Adoration will last until 10:00 p.m.
- St. Vincent Ferrer Church - Event: Mass, rosary and procession. The parish will consecrate St. Vincent Ferrer Parish to Our Blessed Mother, Mary, at the 5:30 p.m. Vigil Mass. This will be followed by a Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet Procession around the campus and a reception. RSVP is required. Click here for more information & full event listing
- St. Martin de Porres Church - Event: Rosary Rally. The parish will have a Rosary Rally in which we will pray all four mysteries of the Holy Rosary. We will begin at Noon on the front lawn of the Church. It is suggested that you bring lawn chairs for your comfort. Water will be provided. In the event of rain, we will move indoors.
- Holy Redeemer Church - Event: Rosary, Mass and statue display. The parish will have a recitation of the Rosary starting at 7:30 a.m. and followed by Mass as 8:00 a.m. A statue of Our Lady of Fatima will be displayed in the Church for visitation from the faithful from 1:30 p.m. -3:30 p.m.
Port St. Lucie:
- St. Bernadette Church - Event: Mass, breakfast and movie. The Knights of Columbus Assembly (4th Degree) invite all to join them on this day to honor our Lady. We will celebrate Mass at 8:00 a.m. and then share a light breakfast in the Family Life Center (Boly Mill room). The Knights will also show a movie titled "The 13th Day," a film which recounts the events—in amazing detail—that occurred on that day, when Mary appeared to three young children, culminating with the miracle at Fatima. Mary’s message at Fatima is as important today as ever. Please join us for what is sure to be a wonderful morning! ALL IS FREE! No offering is needed.
- St. Lucie Church - Event: Special hour of prayer. The parish will have a special hour of prayer outside in front of the church from noon until 1:00 p.m. The rosary and other prayers will be included. Participants will be given the prayers to make participation easy.
- St. Helen Church - Event: Rosary. The parish will have a Rosary outside the Church at 3:00 p.m., just before our 4:00 p.m. Vigil Mass.
West Palm Beach:
- Holy Name of Jesus Church - Event: Mass and reception. The parish will have a Bilingual Mass (English and Spanish) at 6:00 p.m. that will be followed by a reception under the pavilion. The reception will be hosted by the Damas Catolicas Ministry.
- St. Ann Church - Event: Novena and Rosary. The parish will have a Novena, May 5th-12th, Monday-Friday, at the 12:05 p.m. Mass and at the 4:30 p.m. Mass on May 13th. Additionally, to commemorate the although Anniversary on May nth the parish will have a Rosary at 4:00 p.m.
Parish Observance on May 21
This will be at Holy Family Church in Port St. Lucie. Click here for more information & full event listing
Nonparish Faith Community Event:
Jupiter, St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Shop - Event: Rosary Rally. The faithful are invited to recite the Rosary outside the shop on Indiantown Road. This will begin at Noon on the 13th. Father Jean Boulin from St. Peter Church in Jupiter will lead the rosary.
West Palm Beach, outside Presidential Women’s Center - Event: Rosary. Pro-lifers gathered outside the Presidential Women's Center will lead. This will start at 11:45 a.m. Participants are asked to park near Miracle house which is located at the intersection of 45th St. and Village Blvd.