St. Juliana Church has an opening for a part time Finance Manager.
Position requires a solid background in accounting and comprehensive financial reporting. The position will be responsible for all bookkeeping duties to ensure proper maintenance of accounting records, processing of receivables, payables, payroll, bank reconciliations and all general ledger account reconciliations. The position also requires the preparation of quarterly financial statements with comparison to budget and prior year results along with other routine and special accounting reports. The position requires approximately 25 hours per week.
- Provide bookkeeping, payroll services and financial reporting for the parish
- Prepare journal entries and maintain general ledger
- Monitor the collection, counting, recording and depositing of parish revenue
- Prepare bank deposits and reconciliations
- Maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Coordinate payroll with the Diocese and an outsourced payroll vender
- Coordinate HR and employee benefit tasks with the Diocese
- Maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Prepare and submit quarterly financial statements for Pastor, Parish Finance Council and Diocese, as required, along with other supporting reports and schedules as needed
- Attend quarterly Parish Finance Council meetings
- Assist Pastor in preparation of annual operating budget and maintain budget in Sage 50 to produce actual vs. budget reports. Explain significant variances as necessary
- Prepare and file Forms 1099/1096
- Prepare year-end donor tax statements
- Prepare all supporting information for the biennial audit and liaise with the Pastor and the external auditors as necessary
- Assist the Pastor on a regular basis regarding business decisions and keeping him updated on all accounts and areas of interest and/or concern
- Handle sensitive material and maintain absolute confidentiality about parishioners, staff and others associated with the operation of the parish
- This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. However, some college or post high school vocational tech school credits in accounting with equivalent business experience (3 + years) acceptable
- 3 + years of financial leadership or business administration experience preferred
- Proficiency in accounting software with SAGE 50 experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, & Outlook
- Must be reliable and have the ability to work effectively with diocesan employees, department heads, volunteers and the general public
- Ability to work independently, pay attention to details, make responsible judgment calls and multi-task with emphasis on meeting deadlines
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality
- Job may require lifting of objects that exceed 25 pounds, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects - stooping and kneeling may also be required.
- Employee will need to take responsibility for his/her office and materials therein.
- Employee will need to walk around the entire campus while working with and delivering information pertinent to position.
- Employee will be exposed to visual display terminal for prolonged periods.
- Employee may be required on occasion to work after normal working hours if needed.
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application" from the following link: http://www.diocesepb.org/applications
Qualified applicants should submit their resume, employment application with salary requirements and references to the attention of Rev. Ducasse Francois via email at FRDucasse@stjulianacatholicchurch.com