St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary has an opening for a Maintenance Technician.
In addition to traditional maintenance duties, this position performs activities included but not limited to: minor trade work (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting). This position interacts with students, staff, faculty, visitors, and administration personnel.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Conducts highly diverse maintenance activities (repair & preventive) as directed e.g., plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting, outdoor trash pickup, occupant/furniture moves, pressure cleaning, etc.
- Uses verbal instruction from managers and trouble tickets/work orders for task assignment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, trouble tickets and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- As required, provide emergency/unscheduled repairs off normal work schedule.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; verifying receipt. Notifies managers when supply orders are required.
- Keeps work areas clean and presentable. Cleans up area after maintenance/repair tasks are completed.
- Maintains and uses tools properly, storing them as appropriate when not in use.
- Uses computer based maintenance software for record keeping of maintenance activities.
- Participates with safety training and complies with seminary safety policies.
- Complies with all safety aspects of assigned activities, uses personal protection equipment as instructed. Notifies management of safety concerns.
- Keep all information and data confidential.
- Treats everyone in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner.
- Occasionally as back up, performs basic custodial functions i.e. trash & recycling collection, supply distribution.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Possession of current Florida state driver’s license.
- 5 + years of maintenance work.
- Readable penmanship required.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Highly understandable spoken English is required. Bilingual in Spanish is helpful.
- Use of PC/Windows computer skills are required.
- Use of proprietary computer maintenance software is required. If no previous experience is demonstrated, the individual must gain functional ability within 3 months and proficient ability within 6 months. The managers and/or the Rector at their sole discretion measure ability.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- Ability to have effective hand movements: repetitive motion, finger dexterity and writing.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- Chemical handling will occur e.g. cleaners, soaps, solvents, sealers, paints, oils, greases, lubricants, etc.
- Some duties of this job occur outside, in bright sunlight or in shade with high temperatures, while others are indoors with air conditioning.
- Primary lighting indoors is from incandescent, LED, or fluorescent overhead fixtures.
- Some computer use with LED display monitors, keyboard and mouse use.
- This role routinely and frequently uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, ladders and material handling equipment in performing duties.
This job description is not designed to contain an exclusive list of duties or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to Keith Parker at email@example.com