Cardinal Newman High School has an opening for a Mathematics Teacher.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full-time or Part-time statistics teacher.
- Classes include AP Statistics and Honors Probability & Statistics.
- Teachers are required to complete lesson plans, use our Learning Management System (LMS), and online grading programs, and complete the daily tasks of teaching in the classroom.
This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
- Candidates must be certified to teach Mathematics 6-12 in the State of Florida, or be in the process of certification.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with Catholic Charities and Diocesan employees, departments heads, and representatives of other agencies.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task as well as being self-motivated.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent driving record.
- Knowledge and understanding of church organization and operational procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application" from the following link: http://www.diocesepb.org/applications
Please forward the employment application, resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Dr. Christine Higgins.
Via Email: Principal@cardinalnewman.com