The Diocese of Palm Beach is in search of a full time Parish Bookkeeper.
Keeps records of financial transactions for the parish, processes accounts payables and receivables, prepares financial statements and annual budget, and processes payroll by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides parishioner and offertory reports as necessary.
- Organizes and maintains financial records for the parish.
- Prepares payroll and payroll reports.
- Records the detail deposit information in the parish records.
- Records weekly offertory deposit in cash receipts journal. Verifies accuracy of deposit tickets with receipted bank deposit slips.
- Performs all accounts payable/receivable functions.
- Prepares parish budget.
- Reconciles and balances accounts.
- Compiles reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other pertinent items.
- Prepares financial information for meetings and attends all finance council meetings.
- Assists with front desk phone coverage when needed.
- Attends all Diocesan Bookkeeping workshops.
This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
- 3+ years of financial leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with parish financial administration preferred.
- Peachtree and Sage experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Parish Data System (PDS) software preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with parish employees, diocesan employees, department and ministry heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk or hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application" from the following link: http://www.diocesepb.org/applications
Please forward the employment application, resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Gretchen Wood, Human Resources Coordinator
Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9650
Via Fax: (561) 775-9575
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org