The Pastoral Center has an opening in the Safe Environments Office for an Administrator of Education and Training Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being knowledgeable and proficient with Diocesan policies for “Safe Environments” and being able to effectively communicate such policies and answer basic questions from clergy, employees, volunteers, etc.
- Keeping informed on current USCCB requirements and cooperating with them in compliance issues
- Conducting training programs to prepare qualified facilitators
- Supervising all trained facilitators of Virtus and Netsmartz Programs
- Coordinating Virtus training schedules for adults and parents and posting to the website
- Conducting training sessions for clergy, religious, diocesan employees, volunteers, parents and students as needed
- Conducting sessions and training facilitators in programs having to do with protecting Vulnerable Adults
- Being flexible with work hours to accommodate occasional need for evening and/or weekend hours
- Navigating Virtus website with complete proficiency in “Administrator” capacity
- Working with Chancellor and Administrator of Background Screening in preparation for the annual USCCB Audit of Compliance with the Bishops’ Charter
- Conducting parish visits and live audits as needed to monitor compliance with Diocesan policies and procedures
- Keeping the Safe Environment portion of the Diocesan website current in conjunction with the Administrator of Background Screening
- Collaborating with Superintendent of schools, Director of Catechesis and Leadership Development and Director of Human Resources on development and implementation of Safe Environment programs and policies in their respective areas.
- Assisting Chancellor with preparation of annual budget for the Office of Safe Environments
- Tracking budget vs. actual expenses throughout the year
This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous teaching/training experience required
- Practicing Catholic and knowledge of Catholic Church
- General knowledge of the Diocese of Palm Beach, parishes, institutions
- Successful work experience with high volume, detailed recordkeeping, filing, tracking, data base entry and reporting
- Excellent business judgment, superb organizational skills, business writing skills, people/customer service oriented
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Reliable, insured vehicle and ability to travel within the counties constituting the Diocese of Palm Beach for auditing compliance
- Occasional moderate lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional light lifting of under 15 pounds
- Occasional straight pulling
- Occasional reaching over shoulder
- Continuous use of fingers (i.e. typing)
- Continuous extended periods of sitting
- Occasional walking and standing
- Frequent repeated bending
- Continuous routine visual requirements
- Frequent exposure to dust
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application" from the following link: http://www.diocesepb.org/applications
Please forward completed application materials to the attention of Gretchen Wood, Human Resources Coordinator.
Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9650
Via Fax: (561) 775-9575