St. Bernadette Parish is in search of a Music Director.
To plan and coordinate the Music Ministry at St. Bernadette Parish in order to facilitate the full and active participation of the congregation in the liturgical life of the Church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select and perform music appropriate to each liturgical season, including rehersals with the congregation before liturgies when needed
- Prepare and perform accompaniments for all congregational singing
- Prepare and perform accompaniments for all ensembles as needed
- Monitor the health of the organ and piano for appropriate maintenance
- Prepare and perform all the funerals and weddings
- Be familiar with the Catholic Liturgy
- Have proficient skills in organ and piano playing with the ability to accompany and lead congregational singing
- excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills and confidentiality
- ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, department heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public
- ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
To apply, please submit the Diocese of Palm Beach Employment application, salary requirements and list of references to Rev. Victor Ulto at firstname.lastname@example.org