Update 9/14/17 (4 p.m.)
With the restoration of power, traffic signals and life getting a little more back to normal following Hurricane Irma, the Diocese of Palm Beach announces the following openings of some of its offices and entities, as well as an update of the status of re-opening of more of its schools.
Re-opening/Cancellation Anouncements within the Diocese of Palm Beach:
Pastoral Center (updated)
- All Pastoral Center Administrative Offices in Palm Beach Gardens will re-open on Thursday, September 14.
Catholic Charities Offices (updated)
- All but one office of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach will re-open on Thursday, September 14. Those offices are the Administrative Offices in Palm Beach Gardens, Stuart, St. Francis Center, Boynton Beach and Samaritan Center. Still closed on 9/14 is Catholic Charities St. Mary Center located in Pahokee. Catholic Charities is the social services arm of the diocese. Please check the Catholic Charities website for future announcements of re-opening of St. Mary Center.
Catholic Schools (updated)
The Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Palm Beach continue to assess their school properties to determine if the campus has power, water and would be safe for students to return to school. As of 9/14, five of the diocese's schools are open, with some already announcing they will be open starting Monday, Sept. 18.
Here's the latest:
Open Wednesday, Sept. 13:
- All Saints Catholic School, Jupiter
- St. Helen Catholic School, Vero Beach
Open on Thursday, Sept. 14:
- St. Ann Catholic School, West Palm Beach
- St. Clare Catholic School, North Palm Beach
- St. Joseph Catholic School, Stuart
- St. Thomas More Academy, Boynton Beach
Open on Monday, September 18:
- Cardinal Newman High School, West Palm Beach
- Holy Cross Preschool and Center, West Palm Beach
- John Carroll High School, Ft. Pierce
- St. Anastasia Catholic School, Ft. Pierce
- St. Joan of Arc Catholic School, Boca Raton
- St. Jude Catholic School, Boca Raton
- St. Juliana Catholic School, West Palm Beach
- St. Luke Catholic School, Palm Springs (*this is tentative re-openng date. Check school messaging systems)
Status of other Diocesan Schools:
- Sacred Heart School, Lake Worth: Closed the rest of the week. A reassessment will done about possible opening next week (the week of 9/18).
- St. John Paul II Academy: Boca Raton: Closed 9/14 & 9/15. The school is awaiting for power to be restored. A reassessment will be done about possible re-opening on Monday, Sept. 18. The school has announced plans to notify families no later than 6 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 17 with an update.
- St. Vincent Ferrer School, Delray Beach: Closed until further notice.
Just a friendly reminder we emphasize to check with your individual school regarding re-opening or closures. The schools are using their normal messaging systems to contact parents and keep them updated.
If you do not hear from your school, then parents should assume their school remains closed.
As information is received by the Diocese of Palm Beach, it will be posted on our diocesan website, our Catholic schools website, and through social media.
Churches and Missions
- It is up to each of our 53 parishes and missions to determine their own re-openings or cancellations. Parish members should contact their parish offices for more information. All of our faith community is advised to follow the instructions of our local authorities when it comes to personal safety, traveling, and attended Mass or church activities. While parishes may remain open, the faithful are always advised to exercise prudence and caution.
Please see our other press releases on Cancellations and Openings in the Diocese of Palm Beach in the News and Events section of our website.