Administrative Assistant-Our Lady Queen of Peace Cemetery
Our Lady Queen of Peace Cemetery is searching for a full-time Administrative Assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets guests and visitors, offering assistance when entering the building
- Receives incoming telephone calls in English and Spanish. Assist callers with any questions or comments, direct calls to appropriate team members.
- Maintains guest-waiting area.
- Maintains organized and current electronic and paper files and records.
- Typing, proofreading, data entry or printing
- Schedules and coordinates Family Services
- Receives and Distribute all incoming and outgoing mail, packages correspondence
- Prepares and distributes daily schedules, reports, and documents
- Files and maintains customer information
- Updates Memorial log and completed services log
- Assists in verifying and activating contracts
- Prepare labels and envelopes for mailings
- Assist with photo copying or duplicating materials as needed
- Organize all facets of workshops held by Employee Services Department
- Distribute all Wellness Correspondence
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of clerical experience
- Exhibits strong Christian values in the performance of job functions.
- Keen sense of compassion for those in grief and in need.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English. (Spanish, preferred but not required)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan and Cemetery employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and able to exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 45 pounds
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of kneeling and climbing
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application" and forward along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Gigi Silvagnoli, Human Resources Administrative Assistant.
Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9650
Via Fax: (561) 584-6467
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org