Administrative Assistant - St. Juliana Catholic Church
St. Juliana Catholic Church is searching for a part-time Administrative Assistant.
Provide administrative support to the Office Administrator by conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities including receiving and handling information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet guests and visitors, offering assistance when entering the office
- Receives incoming telephone calls in English and Spanish. Assist callers with any questions or comments, direct calls to appropriate personnel.
- Make entries to the sacramental books for the following: Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, Marriage, and Death.
- Type up requested certificates for sacraments received.
- Collate and distribute mail
- Assist with proof reading the parish bulletin
- Prepare the collection bags for the weekend Masses
- Enter Mass Intentions as requested and collect the donation
- Provide new parishioners with the Parish Registration form
- Gather all required paperwork for baptism
- Be an excellent communicator
- Ability required interacting in person or by telephone with parishioners and staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all parish staff members and volunteers.
- Good knowledge of the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church.
- Possess a personal vision of Jesus’ ministry and how it can be embodied in parish life.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality of church, sacramental records and conversations.
- Ability to always exhibit professionalism in appearance, work ethic, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to be willing to work at an appropriate pace within a variety of circumstances with composure and flexibility.
- Organization and maintenance of the Front Desk and the office area.
- Provide information to the Priests and office staff about sacramental documents.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment. (copier, folder, etc.)
- Some understanding and knowledge of the ministry of the church.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and Spanish.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to work effectively with Parish staff, diocesan employees, volunteers, department heads, and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, make responsible judgment calls, pay attention to details.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Exhibits strong Christian values in the performance of job functions.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills English and Spanish.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Practicing Catholic required.
- Be supportive of the mission of the Parish of Saint Juliana and the Catholic Church.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying or moving up to 25 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing and reaching)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional routine talking
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
- Employee will be exposed to visual terminal display for long periods of time.
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply download and complete the “Employment Application” from the following link:
Please send all inquiries, resumes, and applications with salary requirements directly to Father Ducasse at email@example.com.