Assistant Principal - St. Helen Catholic School
St. Helen Catholic School located in Vero Beach, FL is seeking a highly qualified and dedicated individual to fill the position of Assistant Principal in our Catholic school. As the Assistant Principal, you will play a crucial role in supporting the Principal and leading our school community in providing a nurturing and academically rigorous environment rooted in Catholic values.
The Diocese provides excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The Diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Principal in the overall administration and management of the school, ensuring the smooth operation of all academic, disciplinary, and extracurricular activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of educational programs that align with the school's mission and vision, and that adhere to the Catholic teachings and values.
- Supervise and evaluate teachers and staff members, providing guidance, support, and professional development opportunities.
- Foster a positive and inclusive school culture that promotes spiritual growth, moral development, and academic excellence among students and staff.
- Support the Principal in maintaining effective communication with parents, guardians, and community stakeholders, fostering strong partnerships and involvement in the school community.
- Implement and enforce school policies and procedures, ensuring a safe and respectful environment for all students and staff members.
- Collaborate with the Principal and other administrators in strategic planning, curriculum development, and assessment practices to promote continuous improvement in teaching and learning.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of faculty and staff members, and actively participate in the induction and mentoring programs for new teachers.
- Oversee the coordination of school events, including but not limited to liturgical celebrations, parent-teacher conferences, and community outreach programs.
- Handle student discipline matters in a fair and consistent manner, promoting restorative justice practices and positive behavior interventions.
- Coordinate school assessment schedule and materials for annual student testing.
- Practicing Catholic with a strong commitment to Catholic education and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Master's degree in Educational Leadership or a related field.
- Relevant experience in a leadership position within a Catholic school or educational institution.
- Knowledge of current educational trends, best practices, and instructional strategies.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders, including students, parents, teachers, and community members.
- Familiarity with educational technology and its integration into classroom instruction.
- Understanding of curriculum development, assessment, and data-driven decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to provide instructional leadership and support to teachers.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in lesson planning and executing lessons
- The candidate should be flexible and adaptive and be able to work collaboratively within a professional learning community with colleagues and administration
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
Physical and Work Requirements:
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for the position of Assistant Principal at St. Helen Catholic School please submit the following documents:
1. Cover letter expressing your interest in the position and outlining your qualifications.
2. Resume detailing your educational background, work experience, and relevant achievements.
3. Three professional references with contact information.
Please email your application materials to Debbie Irish, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org