Assistant Principal - St. Vincent Ferrer School
St. Vincent Ferrer School seeks a talented and committed Assistant Principal for our PK-8 mission-driven school located in Delray Beach, serving approximately 460 students.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide instructional leadership that is relentlessly focused on achieving the highest standards of academic excellence for all students
- Foster a school community where the Gospel message is lived out, and students are lifted spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally
- Model and nurture a strong Catholic identity for the school.
- Maintain a school environment that is safe, orderly, nurturing, and joyful.
- Assist the Principal in recruiting talented and dedicated staff, and provide data-driven support to teachers.
- Work side-by-side with families to promote students’ growth
- At least two years of school administration experience
- Hold a Master’s degree in education with an endorsement in school administration and supervision; have a Florida teaching license or out-of-state certification.
- Practicing Catholic, in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- Proven success in raising academic achievement for all students.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, please send an employment application, resume, cover letter, contact information for three professional references and a copy of your teaching/administration credentials to Mrs. Denise O’Loughlin, Denise.OLoughlin@stvfschool.org.