Bus Driver-Cardinal Newman High School
Cardinal Newman High School is searching for a Bus Driver.
Pick up students at various central locations in Palm Beach County in the morning before school hours could range from 6:00 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. School begins at 8:00 a.m. Ensure the safe transportation of students to school in the mornings, with limited potential to drive for activities and sporting events in the afternoons. The safety of students is the bus driver’s primary responsibility. Drivers inspect the bus before each run for safety, routine maintenance, and upkeep.
Drivers are responsible for keeping the bus clean with a full tank of gas.
- Florida CDL with PS Endorsement is required
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with Maintenance Director, Staff, Activities director, and Administration of the School
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have an excellent driving record
- Knowledge and understanding of church organization and operational procedures.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Frequent use both of hands and fingers
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling, and climbing
- The occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities, and duties may be assigned as needed.
Please send resume and applications to William Jay Lower, MSW Activities Director at firstname.lastname@example.org .