Business Electives Teacher - John Carroll High School
John Carroll High School located in Ft. Pierce, FL is searching for a full time Business Electives Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. Guided by Catholic faith and tradition, John Carroll High School recognizes Jesus Christ as the model for the whole person we seek to develop. Our mission is to inspire the pursuit of educational excellence, foster character formation, develop a commitment to service, and affirm the dignity of each student entrusted to our care. and strives to inspire, foster, develop, and affirm the young people entrusted to its care. Rev. Thomas E. Barrett is president and Mrs. Corey Heroux is the principal.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The Diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
- Degree in business, have a Professional Teacher’s Certificate issued by the FLDOE
- Minimum of three years teaching experience. Experienced, certified teachers without a business degree will be considered if they are eligible to take the Business Education (6-12) Subject Area Exam within six months of accepting the position. Applicants who have a business degree, with a minimum of three years’ experience in the financial or commercial business industry, but do not have teaching experience, may be considered if they are willing to complete the steps necessary for a professional teaching certificate through the Florida Department of Education.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please forward a letter of interest, the Application(s), resume, salary requirements, and list of references to the attention of Mrs. Corey Heroux, Principal by April 15, 2023.
Via US Mail: John Carroll High School, 3402 Delaware Ave., Fort Pierce, FL 34947
Via Email: email@example.com (Admin. Assistant for C. Heroux)