Business Office Supervisor / Bookkeeper - Cardinal Newman High School
Cardinal Newman High School located in West Palm Beach, FL is searching for a full time Business Office Manager / Bookkeeper.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
The applicant must have a solid background in general business office operations and specifically, in accounting, generally accepted accounting principles, and comprehensive financial reporting. The position will be responsible accounts payable, accounts receivable, processing of customer cash, check and credit card receipts, payment of supplier bills, processing of employees vacation and sick time, Facts payments, Step Up scholarship payments, and financial aid requests. The applicant needs to be an effective communicator and be able to provide specific operational and financial advice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and timely bookkeeping, payroll and financial reporting for the school on an accrual basis per all Diocesan Policies and Procedures including Office of Catholic School procedures.
- Accurately processing accounts payable in a timely way including the following
- Reviewing invoices for accuracy
- Make sure the invoices are approved by the appropriate manager
- Assigning the correct general ledger account
- Printing checks and prep for mailing
- Accurately process cash, checks and credit card payments made to the school. This includes bank deposits and entering the information into the accounting system
- Accurately process tuition payment made through the Facts tuition payment system
- Accurately process all scholarship payments from state & private programs. This includes Step Up For Students, Diocesan scholarships and individual donors. Prepare excel tracking reports for management and audit purposes
- Participate in the financial aid preparation for new and existing families. Knowledge of the Facts system is preferred
- Talking directly with families about questions related to scholarship programs and tuition
- Provide accurate and timely bookkeeping, payroll and financial reporting for the parish utilizing the chart of accounts and standardized reporting formats
- Prepare journal entries and maintain general ledger accounts in compliance with Diocese of Palm Beach policies
- Prepare bank deposits
- Maintain accounts receivable due to School with GL account balance reconciliations
- Write checks for vendors, collect W9’s and Certificates of Insurance per DOPB policies
- Process credit card payments for donations and other appropriate receipts
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit
- Become familiar and adhere to all “Diocesan” policies and procedures
- Serve as the primary financial contact for vendors providing assistance and guidance as necessary
- Handle sensitive material and serve as a liaison to other staff members
- Minimum of a Degree in Accounting preferred, with school / business office experience (3 + years) acceptable.
- 3 + years of financial leadership in accounting including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general journal entries, general ledger analysis, and financial statement comparative reporting and budgeting
- Maintain absolute confidentiality about staff and others associated with the operation of the school and communicate with staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Proficiency in accounting software with SAGE 50 experience a plus.
- Must be reliable and have the ability to work effectively with diocesan employees, department heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to work independently, make responsible judgment calls and multi-task with emphasis on meeting tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Loyal, flexible and honest.
- Experience in working with varied personalities.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality.
- Job may require lifting of objects that exceed 25 pounds, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects - stooping and kneeling may also be required.
- Employee will need to take responsibility for his/her office and materials therein.
- Employee will need to walk around the entire campus while working with and delivering information pertinent to position.
- Employee will be exposed to visual display terminal for prolonged periods.
- Employee may be required on occasion to work after normal working hours if needed.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Gretchen Wood, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org