Communications Coordinator - St Anastasia Catholic Church
St Anastasia Catholic Church located in Ft Pierce, FL is searching for a Communications Coordinator
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The Diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
- Create, organize, plan and implement effective communications messages and strategies for/with Church and community audiences.
- Support Church and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences.
- Support the overall development efforts of the parish and collaborates with school communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all church communication, both print and digital while maintaining the brand of all Catholic Church related correspondence.
- Develop and facilitate a parish communication strategy that encompasses liturgical events and campaigns while adhering to established budget with appropriate approvals.
- Optimize website and social media communication by keeping content timely, fresh and engaging.
- Work closely with the Diocese of Palm Beach as well as other church communication teams to share information. Attend quarterly Communications seminars at the Diocese of Palm Beach.
- Collaborate on liturgy needs for power point slides and other communication tools.
- Maintain correspondence with St. Anastasia School and all ministries regarding Church activities and special events.
- Create the layout of the weekly parish bulletin, upload to printer. This includes self determination as to content, amount of information and frequency of appearance.
- Solicit content from parishioners to design parish internal and external communications. Work closely with PDS Specialist with database changes.
- Submit events and stories of interest to local press, the Diocese of Palm Beach and The Florida Catholic.
- Provide meaningful direction for ministries of the parish to include implementing new communications programs, disseminating information to the parish and the public when appropriate.
- Handle design and frequency of all outside advertising.
- Oversee bulk mailing projects.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Must have a college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Integrate and uphold with authentic integrity the Universal teaching of the Catholic Doctrine, within and outside the duties and responsibilities as Communications Coordinator.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds.
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds.
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e., typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting.
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e., loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e., listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others.
- Flexibility to work nights/weekends when required.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume and list of references to the attention of Melanie Wiles, Director of Parish Development, firstname.lastname@example.org