Communications Coordinator-St. Anastasia Church
St. Anastasia Catholic Church is searching for a Part-Time Communications Coordinator.
This position will create, organize, plan and implement effective communications messages and strategies for/with Church and community audiences. This position will support Church and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences. This position helps support the overall development efforts of the parish and collaborates with school communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all church communication, both print and digital while maintaining the brand of all Catholic Church related correspondence.
- Develop and facilitate a parish communication strategy adhering to established budget with appropriate approvals.
- Optimize website and social media communication by keeping content timely, fresh and engaging.
- Work closely with the Diocese of Palm Beach as well as other church communication teams to share information. attend quarterly Communications seminars at the Diocese of Palm Beach.
- Collaborate on liturgy needs for power point slides and other communication tools.
- Maintain correspondence with St. Anastasia School and all ministries regarding Church activities and special events.
- Create the layout of the weekly parish bulletin, upload to printer. This includes self determination as to content, amount of information and frequency of appearance.
- Solicit content from parishioners to design parish internal and external communications. Work closely with PDS Specialist with database changes.
- Submit events and stories of interest to local press, the Diocese of Palm Beach and The Florida Catholic.
- Provide meaningful direction for ministries of the parish to include implementing new communications programs, disseminating information to the parish and the public when appropriate.
- Handle design and frequency of all outside advertising.
- Oversee bulk mailing projects.
- Must have a college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Integrate and uphold with authentic integrity the Universal teaching of the Catholic Doctrine, within and outside the duties and responsibilities as Communications Coordinator.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
All resumes are to be sent to Mrs. Melanie Wiles at: email@example.com.