Development Director - Catholic Charities
Catholic Charities is searching for a full time Development Director.
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach (CCPB) was established in 1984 as the social service arm of the Palm Beach Diocese. The agency serves on average more than 7,500 clients each year throughout the Palm Beach Diocese, which includes the counties of Palm Beach, St. Lucie, Indian River, Martin and Okeechobee. The services of Catholic Charities are available to all residents of the service area who qualify for the particular program. The priority is to serve the poorest and most vulnerable. As the specific needs of the community change and the population rises, the services offered by Catholic Charities also change in response to those needs. Catholic Charities does not discriminate based on a client’s religion, nor on any other classification protected under applicable federal, state or local discrimination law.
The Director of Development serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions impacting Catholic Charities of Palm Beach. The position directs all aspects of philanthropic development including: major gifts, annual fund, planned giving, grant writing, special events and other programs to increase private support.
The successful candidate will have:
- A commitment to the Values and Mission of Catholic Charities
- An active Catholic Faith
- A passion to serve the poor, the vulnerable and those in need
- Partner with the Executive Director and Board to achieve fundraising goals.
- Draft and implement a development plan to address organizational needs in alignment with the organization’s vision and strategic plan.
- Meet prospective donors and establish effective communications with them.
- Implement a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Direct the planned giving program with a focus on building long-term relationships with major donors.
- Build an annual fund program.
- Direct foundation and grant programs including developing proposals, tracking and compliance, report writing and acknowledgement.
- Plan and lead capital fundraising campaigns.
- Manage current fundraising events including the annual Gala.
- Supervise and collaborate with staff of an Associate Development Director and Grant Writer/Coordinator.
- Provide staff support for development committee meetings.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Oversee the development database and tracking systems (Salsa); and gift recognition programs.
- Oversee publications and work closely with other departments to allow for systematic coordination of communications efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree minimum.
- 5 plus years of development experience with demonstrated fundraising accomplishments.
- Preferred: Experience with Capital and Endowment Campaigns.
- Be goal driven to initiate external prospect and benefactor fundraising calls.
- Demonstrated ability to garner support for major gift fundraising.
- Leadership skills to partner with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, pastors, department heads, representatives of other agencies and the public.
- A work style that promotes teamwork, innovation, motivation, and builds consensus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Engaged member of the Palm Beach community as directed by the CEO.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Diocese of Palm Beach to fulfill job requirements. Travel may be required throughout the diocese to program locations.
- Knowledge and support of Catholic Social teachings and a willingness to adhere to all Catholic Charities Policies and Procedures.
- Must embrace Catholic Charities mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with board members, prospective major donors, volunteers, and diverse community members.
- Be goal driven and possess a high degree of motivation, maturity and energy.
- Strong capabilities in planning, organizing, and managing.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
Compensation and Benefits:
The actual salary for the candidate selected will be based on their background and skills. Benefits include company subsidized paid medical insurance, vision coverage, dental coverage, long term disability, short term disability, and generous Personal Time Off. Benefits also include a 403b with an employer 5% contribution and 2% match. Benefits start after 30 days.
The search for the Development Director of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Palm Beach is being conducted by The Moran Company. Questions about the position can be directed to Mike English, The Moran Company; firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, submit cover letter and resume to Mike English, The Moran Company. Resume should include all professional education and experience, dates of employment (month and year) and position/title and organization names. APPLY NOW