Development Director - St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church
St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, located in Boca Raton, FL is searching for a Development Director.
The Parish Development Director is responsible for organizing and prioritizing the development program for the parish in order to successfully meet the changing needs of the strategic plans created by the parish (members of the church and school). This position is responsible for developing and supporting the goals of the parish through grant writing, relationship building, and fundraising. This position works closely with church and school committees This administrator is accountable to the pastor and to the principal, for the success of the parish's public relations and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and creates revenue-producing opportunities that benefit the church and the school.
- Creates and implements the parish annual development plan.
- Oversees fundraising campaigns for the church and school including the annual offertory, Diocesan Services Appeal (DSA), and capital campaign projects.
- Establishes opportunities for potential donors to invest in the parish through major gifts, bequests, deferred giving, grant writing, and other charitable giving instruments.
- Coordinates the PDS, school's contact database, mailings, thank you letters, and other communications with the communications staff of the church and school.
- Collaborates with parish leadership, committees, and organizations associated with the church and school.
- Schedules and coordinates donor luncheons, dinners, and special gratitude events for recognizing parishioners and families.
- Oversees all fundraising activities for the parish and school and maintains the monthly calendar of events related to parish development.
- Other tasks, responsibilities and duty s may be assigned by the pastor as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field is preferred.
- Experience with organizing fundraising campaigns is required.
- Knowledge and experience with the St Joan of Arc community is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and e-mail.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Paris and School employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and make responsible judgment.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application" from the following link: https://www.diocesepb.org/applications
Please forward the employment application, resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Jodi Panzeri at firstname.lastname@example.org