Director of Discipleship and Evangelization - St. Anastasia Catholic Church
St. Anastasia Catholic Church, located in Fort Pierce, FL is searching for a full time Director of Discipleship and Evangelization.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Saint Anastasia Catholic Church seeks a visionary who is passionate about and lives according to the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Faith to serve the parish community as the Director of Evangelization and Discipleship. This position works in collaboration with the pastor, parish, and school staff in the creation and oversight of a vision for whole community, discipleship ministry. The objective of this vision is a paradigm shift, representing a 3-to-5-year plan to move parish formative ministry from “programs” toward “Intentional” and “Relational” Ministry. The goal of this objective is twofold, to refocus the entire parish on the Eucharistic presence of Jesus Christ as the center, source, and summit of our lives as Catholics and to bring individuals to an encounter with Him, leading them to continued conversion and a missionary life with Him.
Within the global parish vision for evangelization and discipleship, the director is responsible to identify, recruit, and manage key individuals to help in the transition of all parish faith formation and catechetical ministries toward small group discipleship ministry.
The Director of Discipleship and Evangelization will work to:
- Identify and lead a Discernment Team to help in the transition and implementation of small group discipleship ministry, through the accompanying discernment process. The role of the team includes but is not limited to:
- Identify, recruit, train, and support mentors.
- Small group management, scheduling, and communication.
- Parent engagement and support.
- Whole Parish engagement and support.
- School parent engagement and communication
- Recruit, Train, and Support Catechists and small group leaders in the areas listed below – Equipping them to be a support system
- Youth Ministry and Confirmation
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
- Family Faith Formation K-5
- Sacramental Preparation for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation and First Communion.
- Collaborate with the pastor, principal, campus minister and other key individuals and committees on the creation of a parish plan for the reengagement of Catholic families, including school families, with the parish community.
- Collaborate with and support parish young adult leaders and the deanery young adult network Treasure Coast Young Adults.
Other Administrative tasks but not limited to:
- Budget-Maintain balanced budget for the office
- Anticipate and communicate financial needs &/or challenges to Pastor for support
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Courageous visionary, ability to think outside the box and research approaches to ministry that are new and engaging.
- Be an organizer, a leader, a delegator, and a conductor of the larger orchestra that is Evangelization and Discipleship.
- Ability to seek out, train and support volunteers and paid staff for the support of the greater mission of evangelization.
- Flexibility and openness in a fast-paced environment that’s entire ministry is based on the individual person and their current experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to seek appropriate communication channels in the various languages of the parish.
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the church.
- Have a deep love for all that the Catholic Church teaches, believes, and holds sacred.
- Experience in mentoring, small group facilitation and organizing groups of people.
- Leadership, Management and Coordination of Events and People
- Experience in Retreat Leadership
- Good Presentation skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Computer Software, social media, and Communications Skills
- Master of Arts in Theology or Related Field
- Background emphasis in Catechetics
- Preferred two or three years of work experience within the field is preferred
- Must be eligible to work within the United States of America
- Must be able to comply with our Diocesan Safe Environment and Background Clearance policies prior to employment.
- A comparable amount of combined experience and education may be considered for the preferred applicant.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Rev. Richard George at firstname.lastname@example.org