Director of Faith Formation - Our Lady Queen of the Apostles
Our Lady Queen of the Apostles, located in Royal Palm Beach, FL is searching for a full time Director of Faith Formation.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Faith Formation for K - 9th Grade.
- Youth programs for 6th - 12th grade and Young Adult ministry.
- Oversee all sacramental preparation for children, youth, and adults for the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation.
- Maintain calendar for Faith Formation & Sacramental programs.
- Direct, recruit and train catechists and volunteers for all programs.
- Promote catechist involvement in the Diocesan Certification Program.
- Direct/Oversee all adult faith formations programs.
- Plan and coordinate all parish summer camps (Vacation Bible School and any parish retreats or camps) for K - 12th grade.
- Actively promote all Faith Formation events throughout the parish.
- Maintain an accurate database of all participants in Faith Formation/Sacramental programs.
- Partake in staff and team meetings, providing appropriate input, accurate assessments of programs and needs, and following through on information obtained.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Christine Winters at email@example.com