Director of Faith Formation - St. Joseph Catholic Church
Overall Responsibility: To provide various means of catechetical instruction and faith formation for the families and members of St. Joseph Parish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, Formation and ongoing support of Catechists
- Parish School of Religion
- RCIA, RCIC and RICA: Promotion and meet individuals interested - English and Spanish speaking
- Children's Liturgy of the Word: Put together volunteer team
- Ongoing Adult Formation classes
- Welcome Home Program
- Sacramental Preparation for Baptism
- Sacramental Preparation for First Eucharist
- Sacramental Preparation for First Reconciliation
- Sacramental Preparation for Confirmation
- Facilitate Quinceañera Classes
- Planning the calendar year for Religious Education ministry – presently 380 PSR Students
- Vacation Bible School
- Parochial Vicars
- St. Joseph School Principal
- Sacramental Coordinators of St. Joseph School
- Holds a Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Education/Theology
- At least five years experience as Faith Formation Director
- Is able to give evidence of personal commitment to the teachings and life of the Roman Catholic Church
- Brings at least five years experience in innovative programs and process implementation
- Can recognize and respond to the educational/catechetical needs of a multi-cultural parish
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task as well as being self-motivated
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent driving record
- Knowledge and understanding of church organization and operational procedures.
- Proficiency in Gabriel Software, Formation Office Management Programs, MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies, the general public, and other Pastoral Ministers in building up the Kingdom of God.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values
- Ability to recruit and motivate volunteers for program needs
- Leadership experience
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge of parish record keeping
- Comfortable public speaker
- Ability to understand Parish Multi Cultural needs and respond.(Central and South American)
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Ability to access and critique programs and efforts
- Ability to plan the course of multiple ministries at once in a unified direction
- Critical thinking skills
- Willingness to expand and improve existing programs as well as implement new ones
- Liaise with other staff
- Supervise Administrative Assistant
- Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of the workings of the Catholic Church
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply for this position, please send your resume with listed references one to include present pastor and a cover letter to: Chairperson, Search Committee for Director of Faith Formation at the following address: email@example.com or St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1200 East 10th Street, Stuart, Florida 34996. No phone calls please.