Director of Faith Formation - St. Patrick Catholic Church
St. Patrick Catholic Church, located in Palm Beach Gardens is searching for full time Director of Faith Formation. The Director of Faith Formation, under the direct supervision of the pastor and in collaboration with St. Patrick’s ministerial team, is responsible for developing and organizing the Total Faith Formation process of the parish. This position is responsible for Religious Education; Catechetical Formation; Parent Faith Formation; RCIA; Sacrament Preparation; on-going Adult Faith Formation, development of future formation programs and Sacramental records.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The Diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create year-long calendar of events and activities for each area of Faith Formation
- Working closely with Youth Minister to organize Confirmation retreats and pathways for teens to be active participants of the parish
- Coordinate and promote faith-formation classes for parents
- Coordinate and promote the RCIA program for adults coming into the Catholic faith.
- Coordinate and promote on-going Adult Formation classes
- Provide ongoing faith formation for catechists, facilitators and other volunteers
- Supervise the maintenance of records and provide the necessary information for the records to be kept sacramental parish records up to date.
- Work in collaboration with the Compliance Officer for St. Patrick to make sure all catechist, volunteers, and parents are in compliance with the Diocesan norms for Safe Environment
- Organize registrations, student enrollment, and student/teacher assignments.
- Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Masters Degree in Theology, Religious Education or Religious Studies.
- Strong leadership ability; organizational and time management
- Team player with ability to work and collaborate with other staff members and also the ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.