Director of Finance and HR - Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church located in Boca Raton, FL is searching for a full time Director of Finance and HR.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
The applicant must have a solid background in general business office operations and specifically, in accounting, generally accepted accounting principles, and comprehensive financial reporting. The position will be responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements with comparison to budget and prior year results, adherence to DOPB policies & procedures for financial accounting procedures, processing of customer credit card receipts, payment of supplier bills, processing of employees pay, bank reconciliations and all general ledger account reconciliations. The position will be responsible for vendor relationships from contract and financial perspectives. The applicant needs to be an effective communicator and be able to provide specific operational and financial advice to the Pastor. The position is responsible for the supervision and coordination of all HR related matters as well for all the needed Parish bookkeeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To monitor collection process is being done according to DOPB Policies and procedures through the 2 leads in the count room by a periodic check, weekly recording of these deposits per DOPB guidelines, and ensure posting in PDS balances to collection process, and reconciliation of Parish revenues from all sources including Rel. Education, other ministries, and Diocesan collections.
- To administer cash flow management system with purchasing and payment schedules clearly defined.
- To maintain petty cash account.
- To track, record and disburse stole fees and Mass stipends.
- To perform all Accounts receivable & Accounts payable functions in conformity with DOPB Policies and Procedures for all bank accounts, including all ministries.
- To prepare thank you and acknowledgment letters for donations and memorials.
- To assist the budget process in collaboration with staff, Pastor, and Finance Council and to maintain budget in Sage to produce actual vs. budget reports.
- To regularly provide Pastor with the proper weekly, monthly quarterly and annual financial reports.
- To submit required DSA transmittal reports to the Diocese and review monthly DSA reports and DSA contributions, monthly Diocesan collections and other miscellaneous diocesan payments.
- To attend Finance Council as an “ex officio” member of the parish and ensure PFC annual report to Bishops is complete, accurate and submitted timely, Parish Council, and other committee meetings appropriate to the position.
- To attend Diocesan meetings where appropriate for training and development.
- To provide all financial data requested during the periodic Diocesan audit and have full knowledge of the AUP Program and all its requirements.
- To serve as a resource to ministries in all financial matters.
- To supervise and financially monitor all Parish dealings with vendors, service providers, and all Parish maintenance projects. To work closely with Maintenance director to ensure Building and construction policies are adhered to.
- Review of Statement of Activity and Financial Positions balances, property & liability insurance, SFT balances and Health trust insurance invoices for accuracy and perform entries needed, at least quarterly. Prepare bank reconciliations for all cash accounts monthly.
- To assist discerning requests for financial aid directly from parishioners or through the Outreach program including those referred by the Religious Ed Office and ensuring DOPB policies and procedures are followed.
- Administers parish salary and benefit policies as directed by the Pastor and Diocesan reporting.
- To serve as Parish contact between Diocesan Office of Benefits and employees.
- To update employee personal information as well as personnel policies and procedures, benefits, salary changes and I-9’s.
- To track and monitor employees’ working hours, vacation, sick and personal days, and all requests for Comp time for exempt employees.
- To prepare biweekly payroll, submission and review, and quarterly and annual payroll reports.
- Ensure compliance with all State and government filings, which includes the following but is not limited to complete and accurate W-9/1099/1096 filing, W-2/W3 filing by third party processor and W2G/945 filing and if necessary, form 5754, while maintaining complete documentation of all efforts that can be readily assessed and filed for easy access.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions for the church and appropriate filing per Diocesan record retention guide.
- To implement and supervise the Diocesan safety protocols for employees to lower workplace risks and liabilities including but not limited to suitable working garments and protective gear.
- To handle sensitive material and serve as a liaison to other staff members.
- To maintains absolute confidentiality about parishioners, Parish finances, and activities in or about the Parish, employees and clergy, volunteers, and others associated with the operation of the Parish.
- Assist occasionally with front desk phone coverage when needed.
- Degree in Accounting /Business preferred.
- 3+ years of Church financial leadership experience preferred.
- Proficiency in accounting software, SAGE 50 experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, navigating the Internet.
- Knowledge of Parish Data System (PDS) preferred.
- Attention to detail and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with emphasis on meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, department heads, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and telephone and people skills.
- Attend Finance Council, Parish Council, and other committee meetings appropriate to the position. In above job duties
- May be required on occasion to work after normal working hours if needed. May require some variable working hours after regular business hours to meet Parish needs or during some weekends and holidays.
- Loyal, flexible, ethical and honest.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and consistency in the exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent walking, bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
- Will be exposed to visual display terminal for prolonged periods.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of:
Mrs. Bernadette Peterman, Business Manager
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
22094 Lyons Road, Boca Raton, Florida 33428
Via Fax: (561) 558-1434
Via Email: email@example.com
Phone: (561) 483-2440