Director of Religious Education - St. Clare Catholic Church and School
St. Clare Church and School located in North Palm Beach, FL is searching for a part time Parish Director of Religious Education.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
The Director of Religious Education is responsible for designing, developing, directing, and evaluating a total parish catechetical and sacramental preparation program. The incumbent also provides leadership to assist the parish community in building a solid foundation for adult spirituality, Christian living, ministry, and outreach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops goals, objectives, and strategies for the total religious education program, as well as creates and monitors the budget for this program
- Designs and directs catechetical programs which support lifelong learning as outlined by the National Catechetical Directory, the Diocese of Palm Beach, parish needs, and contemporary culture
- Responsible for the sacramental preparation programs, functions, and varied prayer experiences (Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation). This includes private instruction if warranted and preparation for all ages. This also includes the prime responsibility of oversight and management of RCIA
- Plans, coordinates, and implements a weekly Family Mass as part of the Sunday liturgy including recruiting, preparing and directing the student volunteers
- Recruit, train and schedule altar servers
- Plans, coordinates, and implements a comprehensive Youth Ministry Program that serves both middle and high school students of the parish
- Ensures ongoing communication with program coordinators, program participants, parents, and parish-at-large to ensure they are informed of religious education efforts
- Acts as the Compliance Administrator for the parish to ensure compliance for both screening and training of all volunteers and church employees
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates catechists, support staff, and volunteers
- Works with the parochial school for sacramental preparation, confessions, special liturgies, and presentations
- Bachelor's degree in religious education in Religious Education/Theology or a related field and six (6) credits or equivalent in the following areas: administration, educational methods, supervision, and catechetics preferred, but not required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to organize and prioritize time
- The ability to perform outlined tasks
- The ability to supervise others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel
- Possess a practical and operative understanding of church teaching, church law, and local parish policies
- Ability to respect confidentiality, exercise discretion and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Tina O’Brien, St. Clare Church Bookkeeper at firstname.lastname@example.org.