Early Childhood Teacher (3 year old program) - St. Joseph Catholic School
We’re growing! St. Joseph Catholic School in Stuart, Florida, has an opening for full time qualified early childhood (3-year-old program) teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. SJCS teachers are expected to plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program for pre-Kindergarten students. The candidate performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of St. Joseph Catholic School and the Diocese of Palm Beach.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The Diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Functions and Responsibility:
- Ability to engage students creatively in the learning process.
- Use the diocesan standards to create lesson plans and learning activities.
- Employ a variety of teaching methods to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom.
- Participate in reflective, self-directed, on-going professional development.
- Create and define goals and objectives for unit and daily lessons plans, prepare classroom activities, organize teaching materials, evaluate student performance, maintain classroom records, and manage time effectively.
- Use classroom and school-wide data to inform and improve instruction.
- Demonstrate excellent classroom management skills/knowledge as well as a thoughtful, age-appropriate behavior management plan.
- Have knowledge of and make use of best instructional practices in the classroom.
- Submit grades and lesson plans in a timely manner.
- Incorporate faith-based activities into lesson plans and daily routines.
- Hold conferences with students, parents, administrators, and other professionals.
- Participate in faculty meetings, retreats, school assemblies, and special events.
- BS/BA Degree in Early Childhood Education or a FL DOE approved alternative route or willingness to meet Early Childhood Certification requirements.
- Florida Department of Education certificate in Early Childhood Education, temporary or professional or eligible for certification.
- Must be supportive and respectful of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Able to work collaboratively with other teachers and department staff.
- Must have clear and concise communications with students and parents.
- Must have a professional demeanor.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to Mrs. Mindy Miller, Principal, at email@example.com.