Events & Volunteer Coordinator - St. Joseph Catholic Church
St. Joseph Catholic Church, located in Stuart, FL is searching for a part time Events & Volunteer Coordinator. This position is 20 hours per week (Monday - Friday), for 10 months (September - Mid-May).
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison to all Parish Ministries (English/Spanish).
- Recruit and Coordinate parish volunteers (English/Spanish).
- Submit Driver license check for volunteer drivers (Transportation ministry and Carpenter’s Kitchen).
- Prepare and Operate within the Family Life Ministry Budget.
- Manage Family Center and Family Life Center Rental for Special Events.
- Provide Volunteer Opportunities for St. Joseph School parents/students and Confirmation students.
- Maintain Bulletin Boards (maintaining).
- Weekend if needed
- Other duties assigned by Pastor.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Publisher, Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet, Social Media Marketing, gSign up Genius, Canvas.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish fluency.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds.
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds.
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e. typing).
- Frequent extended periods of sitting.
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing.
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation).
- Occasional time spent working closely with others.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Rev. Noel McGrath at firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls Please.