Finance Business Manager - St Thomas More Parish and Preschool
St. Thomas More Church and Preschool located in Boynton Beach, FL is searching for a Full Time Finance Business Manager.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The Diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
- The applicant must have a solid background in accounting, generally accepted accounting principles, and comprehensive financial reporting to include intercompany accounting. The position will be responsible for the accurate preparation of monthly financial statements with comparison to budget and prior year results in accordance with Diocesan Policies and Procedures including preparation and presentation of financial information for Parish and Preschool Finance Council meetings. The applicant needs to be an effective communicator and be able to provide specific operational and good financial advice to the Pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and timely bookkeeping and financial comparative reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for the Parish and Preschool utilizing the chart of accounts and standardized reporting formats to the Pastor and the Finance Council along with other supporting reports and appropriate schedules as needed
- Prepare journal entries and maintain general ledger accounts in compliance with GAAP and Diocese of Palm Beach policies
- Coordinate all payroll preparation and processing per Diocese Policy on Payroll with submission of appropriate reports to the DOPB payroll, Pastor and records for attachments to appropriate journal entry including intercompany allocations
- Ensure that coordination of appropriate HR/Benefits for all employee personnel with the Diocese of Palm Beach HR and Benefits Office and Parish personnel including I-9 processing, fingerprinting, EDF forms and proper benefits accruals and time off requests for all employees is taking place.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on all bank, SFT and investment accounts
- Maintain accounts receivable and monthly reconciliation of AR Aging with GL account balance keeping all student receivable balances up to date using various methods (statements, letters, phone, email, etc.) and keeping Pastor informed of status of issues with balances
- Work with Pastor regarding student families in need of financial assistance and/or scholarships
- Knowledge regarding the VPK and School Readiness programs a plus
- Manage all financial accounts accordingly
- Maintain accounts payable and monthly reconciliation of AP Aging with GL account balance
- Responsible for reviewing vendor payments via Sage 50, including input of all auxiliary accounts in detail (ie: CCW, etc.)
- Record all bank deposits for offertory, tuition, fees and other items especially donations/contributions as needed. Ensure PDS system is also included when necessary as well as balancing this system with Sage 50 deposits, where applicable.
- Manage online/credit card payments for donations and other appropriate receipts including payment of tuition and fees, if necessary
- Ensure compliance with all State and government filings, which includes the following but is not limited to complete and accurate W-9/1099 filing, W-2/W3 filing by third party processor and W2G/945 filing and if necessary, form 5754, while maintaining complete documentation of all efforts that can be readily assessed and filed for easy access.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects, especially new construction and according to Diocesan policy.
- Ensure all leases, contracts and other financial commitments are included in budgets and Financial Statements appropriately
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions and appropriate filing per Diocesan record retention guide
- Preparation of annual operating budget with assistance from Pastor and Parish and Preschool Finance Council and maintain budget in Sage 50 to produce actual vs. budget reports. Explain significant variances as necessary
- Prepare all supporting information for the tri-annual AUP and liaise with the Pastor and the external auditors as necessary
- Assist the Pastor on a regular basis regarding business decisions and keeping him updated on all accounts and areas of interest and/or concern.
- Attend Parish and Preschool Finance Council and other committee meetings appropriate to the position as well as coordinate the Annual PFC report to the Bishop per Diocesan policy and instructions
- Supervise Accounting Assistant
- Become familiar and adhere to all “Diocesan” policies and procedures
- Communicate with the Diocese Finance Office regarding all bookkeeping concerns and actively participate in all diocesan professional training as appropriate
- Handle sensitive material and serve as a liaison to other staff members
- Maintain absolute confidentiality about staff, school families and others associated with the operation of the entity and communicate with staff in a professional and courteous manner
- This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred. However, equivalent business experience acceptable with 5 + years of increased financial leadership in accounting including accounts payable, payroll, general journal entries, general ledger analysis, and financial statement comparative reporting and budgeting.
- Bilingual a plus (ability to read, write, speak, and translate English/Spanish)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Proficiency in accounting software with SAGE 50 experience a plus.
- Must be reliable and have the experience working effectively with varied personalities at all levels including diocesan employees, department heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to work independently, make responsible judgment calls, multi-task, be loyal, honest and trustworthy. Attention to detail and be willing to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Excellent communication skills, professional telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality.
- Job may require lifting of objects that exceed 25 pounds, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects - stooping and kneeling may also be required.
- Employee will need to take responsibility for his/her office and materials therein.
- Employee will need to walk around the entire campus while working with and delivering information pertinent to position.
- Employee will be exposed to visual display terminal for prolonged periods.
- Employee may be required on occasion to work after normal working hours if needed.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of
Jenna Sheehan HR Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org