Finance Manager - St. Joan of Arc Catholic School and Church
St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church and School located in Boca Raton, FL is searching for a full time Finance Manager.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and timely and complete accounting, payroll and financial reporting for the parish and school utilizing the uniform school chart of accounts and standardized reporting formats
- Ensure the appropriate and timely distribution of financial reports to the pastor, principal, finance mission council and diocese with a full command of account differences and explanation of variances
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with pastor, principal, department heads, finance mission council and diocese
- Provide guidance on cash flow implications for operational liquidity, debt service, major repairs and capital projects
- Prepare quarterly finance mission council meeting package of financial statements, budget, variance explanations and other topics as needed. Attend and report on finances at the quarterly committee meeting
- Oversee the timely preparation of all student billing using SAGE applications and the effective management of accounts receivable using FACTS and electronic download of payment to Sage 50.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are current and properly reconciled and can be reported upon regularly
- Assist with the documentation and determination of student financial assistance, allocating amounts within budget and securing tuition scholarships where available.
- Review all expenditure requests for proper approval, coding and within budgeted amounts.
- Manage accounts payable and review the monthly reconciliation of AP Aging with GL account balance
- Processing of payroll preparation and maintenance, along with appropriate communication and compliance with Diocese Payroll and HR/Benefits
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal filings, to include complete and accurate W-9/1099, W-2/W-4, I-9 and unclaimed property filings while maintaining complete documentation of all related efforts
- Coordinate all required audits with an approved independent accounting firm and the Diocese Finance Office and oversee the preparation and completion of all supporting information required for the annual Step-Up financial statement audit as well as the diocesan triennial entity audit program. Become familiar with the entity audit program to ensure compliance with all aspects of this program and other Diocesan Finance policies and procedures including internal controls are properly in place.
- Oversee the management of all financial commitments
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, valued and ultimately disposed of as appropriate
- Monitor investments and endowments to ensure funds are being invested consistent with policy and cash flow needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3-5 years’ experience on senior administrative teams and working with progressive financial responsibility.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Experience working in an educational setting or another non-profit organization.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet.
- Sage 50 experience a plus.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to both understand the “big picture” as well as willingness to dig in a “hands on” manner when necessary.
- Proven leadership skills with emphasis on ability to understand and work effectively with different constituencies across the Parish and School.
- Ability to work effectively with diocesan employees, department heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Gretchen Wood, Human Resources Coordinator.
Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 N Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Via Fax: 561-775-9575
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org