Full Time Art Teacher - St. Vincent Ferrer Catholic School
Teaches K-8 art classes using a Catholic worldview integration. Instructs in the elements of art and techniques of the various media including painting, print-making, drawing, and other art mediums.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare weekly lesson plans, available for review by Administration.
- Maintain classroom management conducive to learning
- Complete progress and grade reports for each student in a timely manner using school guidelines
- Keep accurate and detailed records of each student's progress to substantiate reports
- Increase knowledge by participating in professional development opportunities
- Collaborate with fine and performing arts department to develop and coordinate specific plans for implementing school curriculum and policy
- Attend school events outside regular school hours including, but not limited to:
- Curriculum night
- New family events
- Drama performances
- Conferences and professional development sessions
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Art preferred, a degree in art education also preferred
- Teaching credential preferred
- Experience working with all age groups; elementary, middle school
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Occasional bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please send resume and cover letter with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org