Full Time Faith Formation Coordinator - Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission
Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission is searching for a Full Time Faith Formation Coordinator to provide catechetical instruction and faith formation for the families and members of Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, Formation and ongoing support of Catechists/Aides.
- Sacramental Preparation for Baptism, First Eucharist, First Reconciliation, Confirmation.
- Promotion and ongoing Adult Formation classes: RCIA, RCIC,RICA.
- Facilitate Quinceañeras Classes.
- Attend trainings and workshops available through the Diocese.
- Planning the calendar year for the Religious Education Ministry.
- Select curriculum resources for the Faith Formation program that contributes to developing the parish's mission.
- Ensure all required diocesan record keeping for the Mission Faith Formation program is maintained accurately.
- Oversee the annual religious education budget.
- Schedules programs as per requirements of the Diocesan Office of Safe Environments.
- Coordinate and Facilitate parental meetings for Sacramental preparation, retreats, receptions, etc.
- Becomes familiar with the Mission organizations and groups.
- Adhere to Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Be able to assist in the office when there is a need; for example, answering the phones, taking messages and other tasks that may be required.
- Other duties assigned by the Parochial Vicar of St Sebastian with special care of Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission in Fellsmere.
- Holds a Masters/Bachelor's Degree in Religious Education/Theology (preferably).
- At least five years experience of Faith Formation Coordinator or Comparable Experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the teachings of The Roman Catholic Church, operational procedures, Mission record keeping.
- Leadership experience.
- Teaching experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish. Must have excellent written, verbal communication, public speaking skills in both languages.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, flexibility, work independently, ethical values, interpersonal skills, critical thinking skills, be self-motivated.
- Ability to recruit, motivate volunteers for programs needs.
- Proficiency in Formation Office Management Programs, MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to communicate well with the Pastor and Parochial Vicars.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, all staff, volunteers, other Pastoral Ministers, representatives of other agencies, general public.
- Ability to recognize and respond to the educational/catechetical needs of a multi cultural Mission.
- Ability to respect confidentiality, exercise discretion and make responsible judgment calls.
- Establishes good communication with parents, children, adults and all Mission organizations.
- Time spent working closely with others.
- Frequent extended periods of sitting.
- Frequent use of both hands, fingers (i.e. typing).
- Occasional periods of walking, standing, kneeling and climbing.
- Ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversations).
- Frequent light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds.
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 - 44 pounds.
This is a position that requires evenings and weekends. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with listed references and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fr. Sabas N. Mallya, ALCP/OSS,
Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission, 12896 CR 512, P.O. Box #9 Fellsmere, Florida 32948.