Full Time Guidance Counselor - St. Vincent Ferrer Catholic School
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will possess the skills and have demonstrated success in school counseling.
- The candidate should be flexible and adaptive and be able to work collaboratively within a professional learning community with colleagues and administration.
- The candidate should also demonstrate use of technology to enhance student performance.
- A Master’s Degree in School Counseling or a related field is preferred.
- Applicants must possess a valid Florida Professional Teaching Certificate in the area of School Counselor, or be in the process of certification, with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Preference will be given to the candidate with previous Catholic School counseling experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Occasional bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Send resume and cover letter with references to: email@example.com