Full Time Maintenance Technician - St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church
Summary: The Parish Maintenance Technician will work under the direction of the Parish Administrator / Pastor, work the scheduled hours provided, and complete the assigned activities. This position will provide maintenance, preventative maintenance and cleaning activities on all equipment, buildings, grounds and vehicles to promote safe conditions, and to extend the life and appearance of these items. The position will perform basic repairs including routine carpentry, electrical, and plumbing based on skill level and experience. Also, provide cleaning services, e.g. trash removal, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, restroom cleaning etc. in church, parish hall, parish office, and classrooms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience and familiarity with janitorial procedures, use and understanding of cleaning chemicals and maintenance equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, painting, AC equipment, including chillers, lawn sprinkler systems and maintenance equipment.
- Has knowledge of procedures, practices, tools and equipment used in maintenance.
- Performs painting, sealing, power washing as required.
- Cutting and planting of lawns, trees, shrubs and watering and fertilizing of the same.
- Changes light bulbs, performs basic carpentry, plumbing, air conditioning filter change, and other basic repairs.
- Trims trees and bushes
- Moves and transport of furniture, books, and miscellaneous items.
- Operates a variety of electrical and gasoline powered equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance on all mechanical equipment.
- Is responsible for all equipment, vehicles, and tools.
- Set up and take down equipment, lighting, and furnishings as needed for parish events.
- Keeps church, classrooms, and parish hall, external walks and gathering area clean throughout the day and on a more thorough cleaning schedule. Particular attention to be paid to public restroom, church pew, and church cleanliness before and after weekend liturgies and any parish events. Sweeps, mops, polishes, buffs, vacuums, cleans glass windows, dusts each area.
- Orders all needed cleaning and environmental supplies.
- Secures and stores all cleaning supplies and equipment in a safe place when not in use.
- Maintains all cleaning equipment in safe and working order.
- Supervises volunteers, and contractors in completion of interior cleaning and grounds work.
- Lock and unlock, turn on and off lights / air conditioning, alarms in parish buildings as requested by Parish Administrator.
- Ability to work unsupervised and work scheduled hours assigned by the Parish Administrator
- Ability to multitask and have good relationships with other employees and contractors.
- Must be comfortable on ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to work extra hours for parish special events.
- Must be able to pass background screening procedures as mandated by the Diocese of Palm Beach.
- Must be able to work Christmas and Easter Holidays.
- Make judgments related to emergency and safety matters.
- Perform other appropriate maintenance responsibilities as assigned or necessary to maintain the facility and grounds.
- Assist in annual maintenance budget development.
- Other duties may be requested depending on the circumstance
Qualifications / Education / Physical Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and a valid driver’s license.
- Occasionally move, load, unload and carry equipment and supplies 10 to 50 pounds.
- Use ladders and lifts at varied heights.
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Work both inside and outside
- Walk long distances around campus, bend, stoop, squat and reach; climb ladders.
- Fluent in English.
- Existing Contractor Management Responsibilities
- Coordinate with existing contractors to ensure appropriate maintenance is conducted as indicated below:
- Oversee landscaper (parking lot and fields)
- Irrigation vendor (as needed)
- Air conditioning (quarterly)
- Air conditioning repairs (as needed)
- Plumber for check valve (annually)
- Fire alarm inspection (annually)
- Fire alarm response if sounding (as needed)
- Security alarm (as needed)
- Security alarm response if sounding (as needed)
- Call authorized and identified contractors for service as needed.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements
To apply, download and complete the “Employment Application”
Please forward the employment application, resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Mr. Tom D’Amico firstname.lastname@example.org