Full Time Teacher Assistant Early Childhood (PreK 3 - Kindergarten) - St. Vincent Ferrer Catholic School
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The applicant must be nurturing, creative and a dedicated professional with the ability to support the learning environment, cultivate critical thinking skills, work collaboratively as part of a team and lead small group lessons.
- The candidate must be supportive and respectful of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Must have at least an Associate’s degree (or equivalent), in an area related to the educational field is preferred.
- Must agree to Level II Background check and DCF Child Care Training Requirements.
- Must be supportive and respectful of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church; experience in Roman Catholic environment is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have excellent classroom and time management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills with skill in use of instructional technologies, especially online communication technologies.
- Excellent oral and written English-language communication skills, including clear speaking voice.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Occasional bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please send resume and cover letter with references to: email@example.com