Guidance Counselor for 2021 – 2022 School Year - St. Joan of Arc School
- FL Certified Guidance and Counseling (PK – 12) or in the process of certification, with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Master’s Degree in School Counseling or a related field is preferred.
- Preference will be given to the candidate with previous Catholic counseling experience
- Has the skills to be successful in school counseling
- Must be flexible, adaptive, and be able to work collaboratively within a professional learning community with colleagues and administrators
- Should demonstrate use of technology, i.e google classroom, Student Information System (SIS), learning apps to enhance students performance
- Has to complete DCF requirements
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply download and complete the Employment application and forward with your resume, and list of
references to the attention of Lani Hiponia at: email@example.com