High School History Teacher - Cardinal Newman High School
Cardinal Newman High School located in West Palm Beach, FL is searching for a full time High School History Teacher of the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Key Expectations of all CNHS employees:
- Demonstrates support of the school’s mission and policies
- Consistently models Cardinal Newman High School values
- Builds positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues by establishing effective communication through listening, responsiveness, openness, availability, and approachability
- Takes initiative and ownership in displaying positive work ethic and behaviors and encourages this attitude in others
- Maintains proficiency in the field through personal and professional development that strengthens the role and the school
- A bachelor’s degree; advanced History degree preferred
- Applicants must possess a valid Florida Professional Teaching Certificate in the area of Social Science 6-12, or be in the process of certification
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Experience in integrating technology into the curriculum
- Ability to work effectively with parents as a partner in each student’s educational experience
- Ability to use a variety of communication/teaching styles and methods
- The ability to hold students to a high and clearly articulated standard of performance
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task as well as being self-motivated
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in lesson planning and executing lessons
- The candidate should be flexible and adaptive and be able to work collaboratively within a professional learning community with colleagues and administration
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the School Teacher Application from the following link: Diocese of Palm Beach Employment Applications
Please forward the employment application, resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Mr. Wesley Logsdon.
Via US Mail: Cardinal Newman High School
512 Spencer Dr.
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Via Email: email@example.com