Human Resources Administrative Assistant - Pastoral Center
The Pastoral Center, located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL is searching for a full time Human Resources Administrative Assistant.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
General Support Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support including answering incoming calls, assisting callers, mail, filing, email, etc.
- Assists with photo copying or duplicating materials as needed
- Assists with special projects as needed, including distribution of notifications and materials.
- Assists with organizing all facets of workshops held by Employee Services Department
Human Resources Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates interviews with applicants per requests from other entities
- Assists the HR Coordinator as needed with posting positions online, sourcing candidates, scheduling phone and in person interviews, applicable testing, applicant tracking, employee on-boarding, etc.
- Assists the HR Coordinator with the processing of entity employee data forms.
- Assists HR Coordinator and Director with new hire orientation
- Audits entity personnel files, may require travel or processed in-house
- Generates check requests for Director’s signature
- Acts as back up to Human Resources Coordinator
Self-Insurance Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as back-up to Self-Insurance Administrative Assistant in processing Certificates of Insurance per Diocesan policies, special event insurance applications and payments
- Provides clerical support to Director
Pension Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with special projects as needed, such as lump sum options
Wellness Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Wellness Coordinator, organizes Pastoral Center wellness events and distribution of materials to staff
- Assists the Wellness Coordinator at annual Wellness Expos
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience as an HR administrative assistant preferred
- Knowledge of employment law and HR best practices
- Act as a reliable and supportive team member
- Experience with recruitment marketing preferred
- Travel within diocesan area may be required as needed
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and able to exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of all employee records
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of office equipment (phones, computers, printers, fax, scanner)
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Gretchen Wood, Human Resources Coordinator.
Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9650
Via Fax: (561) 775-9575
Via Email: email@example.com