Interim Church Secretary - St. Clare Catholic Church
St. Clare Catholic Church located in North Palm Beach, FL is searching for a full time Interim Church Secretary.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides welcome to all visitors to the parish office.
- Answers phones, takes messages and/or refers callers to appropriate person.
- Processing correspondence, fax, emails, telephone calls, and ensuring all matters are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, order missalettes, candles and liturgical calendars, hosts, collection bags.
- Responsible for printing services for bulk mailings
- Prepares labels and envelopes for mailings.
- Picks up and delivers staff mail.
- Provides typing services, handles general correspondence and clerical support.
- Assists with photo copying or duplicating of materials as requested.
- Assists with preparation of meeting rooms.
- Assists with maintenance of files.
- Orders all office supplies and schedules necessary maintenance of office equipment.
- Create and maintain filing system for the office.
- Keep bulletin boards in office and church up to date.
- Maintain parish events calendar at parish office and on website and communicate with ministry head and visitors who are requesting use of the facility.
- Maintain the staff calendar and Pastors calendar.
- Coordinate hospital visits with priests, find replacements when necessary.
- Secure visiting priests when necessary.
- Prepare for staff meetings – order food/catering, attend various meetings and take meeting notes at Pastors request, type up meeting notes for Pastor.
- Prepares and mails welcome letters to new residents in the area of the parish.
- Registers new families to the parish.
- Responsible for maintaining Parish data system, pull reports as needed, add sacramental information to member records as necessary.
- Records donations and offertory.
- Coordinates volunteers for counting offertory.
- Deposits offertory and other donations to the bank.
- Responsible for Sacramental recording and filing.
- Responsible for preparing Sacrament certificates for Pastor signature and mailing them out.
- Schedules Mass intentions for parishioners.
- Act as liaison with the Diocese; communicate with various diocesan department (i.e. IT, Safe Environments, Chancellor, Bishop’s Office, Catholic Charities Parish Ambassador)
- Responsible for compliance administration; create and maintain master record log, notify ministry heads and staff of background screening and protecting God’s children training expiration dates, schedule trainings and attend administrator trainings and workshops.
- Responsible for communication with contractors and outside vendors
- Assist with creating marketing pieces; Create and maintain social media for Church, Christmas cards, Easter cards, flyers, festival raffle tickets, fish fry dinner tickets etc.
- One (1) year of office management experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Courses in typing, filing, office machines and telephone communications desirable.
- Office, secretarial and word processing experience desirable.
- Ability to operate word processing equipment, PDS.
- Ability to relate well with people by phone or in person.
- Must have basic knowledge of how the parish operates and be able to grasp quickly how the parish office functions.
- High School diploma required
- Excellent typing, general secretarial and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Ability to work effectively with Parish staff, diocesan employees, volunteers, department heads, and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, make responsible judgment calls, pay attention to details with emphasis on meeting deadlines and be reliable.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Practicing Catholic preferred
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Be supportive of the mission of the Roman Catholic Church
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
- Employee will be exposed to visual terminal display for long periods of time.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Tina O’Brien at St. Clare Church via email, firstname.lastname@example.org