Interim History Teacher - Cardinal Newman High School
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities will include a love for teaching and young people, thorough knowledge of curriculum; lesson planning; technology integration; use of LMS and RenWeb; professional learning opportunities; club moderator or other service to school.
- Certification from the State of Florida in History 6 – 12 is required.
- The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with Catholic Charities and Diocesan employees, departments heads, and representatives of other agencies
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task as well as being self-motivated
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent driving record
- Knowledge and understanding of church organization and operational procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application" from the following link: http://www.diocesepb.org/applications
Please forward the employment application, resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Mrs. Katie Kervi.
Via US Mail: Cardinal Newman High School
512 Spencer Dr.
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Via Fax: 561-683-7309
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org