IT Coordinator / Technology Teacher - St Helen Catholic School
St. Helen Catholic School, located in Vero Beach, FL is looking to hire a qualified and experienced Full Time IT Coordinator and Technology Teacher for the 2022-23 School Year. Working under the guidance and supervision of the Principal, the Technology Coordinator will provide assistance with the execution of St. Helen Catholic School technology initiatives that further the mission of the school.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The Diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum Teaching Experience 5+ years, preferred.
- Florida Department of Education Teaching Certificate Required
Job Specific Qualifications:
- Mange all technology related activities in the school
- Help to develop technology short-and long-range goals
- Help administration develop and implement “acceptable use policies” for the students and faculty
- Implement new technology initiatives as planned
- Manage the iPad program including selection, purchases, preparation, and distribution and collection to and from faculty and students.
- Manage technology software licenses and company relationships to include such companies as Apple, Facts, Renaissance, and Safari
- Offer general help desk support to students and staff
- Assist with selection of software and hardware
- Handle the purchasing, allocation and installation of equipment and software
- Perform hardware troubleshooting and maintenance to the extent possible
- Manage technology inventory through data collection and purging old equipment as appropriate
- Process student grades and report cards
- Provide training and development for students to use the iPads and the various software and apps effectively and efficiently
- Monitor student use of the iPad and internet
- Provide or arrange for technology related professional development for all staff as needed given the various software, applications and hardware used by each group (faulty, school office personnel)
- Help to monitor technology use for effectiveness and instructional integration
- Attend school events that offer support to parents with technology needs
- Evaluate the success of technology initiatives for continued use
- Consult and coordinate with Commpath for the following needs: network, infrastructure, user management, email system management, backup procedures, security measures, virus protection, and hardware/software needs as necessary
- Must have a basic understanding and acceptance of Catholic School philosophy, goals and objectives
- Must have experience as a user of various technologies including iPad, laptop, software for word processing, computation, and presentations, apps, databases, email, and multimedia tools
- Must have experience in the classroom as a teacher or teacher’s aide
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others
- Must have experience with software management and website management
- Able to lesson plan, manage attendance, gradebook, and other classroom applications
- Must have excellent classroom management
- Knowledge of current curricular and technology trends.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Debbie Irish, Principal at email@example.com