Maintenance and Janitorial Supervisor - St. Joseph Catholic Church
St. Joseph Catholic Church located in Stuart, FL is searching for a full time Maintenance and Janitorial Supervisor.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position requires 24 hour, 7 days a week basis on call availability.
- This position is a mixture of hands-on maintenance and custodial labor, work delegation, supervision, management of custodial personnel and volunteers, and management of repair and renovation projects.
- Troubleshoot, plan, assign, supervise, and evaluate the janitorial staff and service vendors.
- Perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled work such as: lawn and grounds, carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, heating and air-conditioning.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, and techniques of maintaining the facilities at our church. Knowledge of the equipment, tools, and materials used in the facility and the maintenance of the facility.
- Ability to manage janitorial staff.
- Coordinate renovation and equipment replacement projects. This includes providing for project estimates, capital budgeting, directing contractors, and making recommendations to the Pastor.
- 3 years of experience in a facility management position, preferably in a church or school environment. Basic computer skills including internet, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent communications skills for vendor, staff and parishioner interaction.
- Must maintain a valid Florida Driver License.
- Willing to adhere to all Diocesan policies and procedures and complete all required employment documents including finger printing and a background check.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Rev. Noel McGrath at email@example.com before May 23.
No Phone Calls Please.