Maintenance Assistant - Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church located in Boca Raton, Florida, is searching for a full time Maintenance Assistant.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide set up and cleaning services for Parish activities as needed.
- To provide for janitorial services for all the building as scheduled including some evenings and weekends if there is a
- To maintain specific areas in Church building, including but not limited, to vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, dusting, polishing woodwork, cleaning windows and glass, emptying garbage, and bathroom stocking and cleaning.
- To check outside buildings and grounds for damage, litter and disposal of fallen branches and debris, and sprinklers system.
- To repair light electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions. Paint, landscape and complete small construction projects.
- To set up for meetings and CCD classes which includes programming of AC units and lighting as scheduled in Parish calendar.
- To open the facilities and to check that buildings are closed and alarmed at the end of the day, and after Parish activities are finished as scheduled.
- To monitor safe work practices by contractors according to Diocesan guidelines.
- To comply with the Parish’s safety protocol for the protection of parishioners, especially of children, youth and the elderly, for the reduction of risks and liabilities related to Parish events and operations which includes each of the buildings, parking lot safety, traffic flow, locking of buildings after hours, rental of Parish facilities, and large events’ security.
- Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
Working situation requirements:
May require some variable working hours after regular business hours to meet Parish needs or during some weekends and holidays.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in detailed knowledge of maintenance procedures.
- Plumbing and electrical experience is a plus.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to multitask, for teamwork and of good relationships with other employees, parishioners and contractors.
- Knowledge of janitorial procedures. Ability to use and understand cleaning chemicals and maintenance equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC equipment, lawn sprinkler system, and maintenance equipment.
- Knowledge of Parish rental’s guideless, maintenance, safety and janitorial requirements.
- Knowledge of Religious Ed. programs requirements.
- Knowledge of Diocesan policies, Risk management policies, Safety procedures, and Emergency protocols.
- Ability to use PCs, phone system, Fax machines, and to operate audiovisuals.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong ethical values.
- Frequent walking and standing, reaching and bending.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of less than 44 lbs, and occasionally moderate lifting from 50-70 lbs.
- Continuous ability to see, to hear, to talk and communicate with others.
- Occasional climbing of ladders and working with fumes.
- Continuous use of hands and fingers.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Father Eduardo Medina at email@example.com