Maintenance Employee - St. Jude Church and School
The Maintenance Employee work in coordination and under the direction of the Director of Maintenance, will care for the buildings and grounds of St. Jude Catholic Church and the Priory. The Maintenance Employee will work the scheduled hours provided and complete the assigned activities communicated by the Director of Maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilties:
- Cleans and maintains specific areas of parish and school properties.
- Cleans classrooms, hallways, washrooms, lavatories, rooms, drinking fountains, offices, cafeteria, gym, entrances, etc., on a daily basis.
- Performs light maintenance as directed by Director of Maintenance.
- Checks outside buildings for damage, litter and/or conditions of general deterioration.
- Performs scheduled monthly, semiannual, or annual janitorial duties, i.e., floor waxing, painting, window washing, carpet cleaning, etc., as directed by Director of Maintenance in accordance with parish maintenance schedule.
- Provides set-up and cleaning of facilities for evening or weekend activities as directed by Director of Maintenance.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- 2-4 years of experience in maintenance
- Relevant experience in building and maintenance industry required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and efficiently work independently or with others in a team atmosphere required
- Experience and familiarity with Catholic institutions, including parishes, schools, and the Diocese of Palm Beach is recommended.
- Detailed knowledge of janitorial procedures.
- Ability to use and understand cleaning chemicals and maintenance equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, painting, AC equipment, including chillers, lawn sprinkler systems and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to work unsupervised and work scheduled hours assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
- Ability to multitask and have good relationships with other employees and contractors.
- Must be comfortable on ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to work extra hours for parish special events.
- Holds a valid Florida Driver’s license.
- Fluent in English.
- Must be able to pass background screening procedures as mandated by the Diocese of Palm Beach.
- Must be able to work Christmas and Easter Holidays.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Use of ladders and lifts at varied heights
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Working both inside and outside
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
- Driving of motorized vehicles
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application"
Please forward the employment application, resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Jay Brandt at email@example.com