Maintenance Team Member - St. Paul of the Cross
Major Responsibilities include:
- Maintain a safe and clean St. Paul of the Cross campus, including all buildings and grounds.
- Prioritize and complete duties assigned by Maintenance Team Leader for each day/week.
- Complete detailed janitorial duties for the parish campus including but not limited to vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, dusting, polishing floors, cleaning windows and glass, emptying garbage, cleaning bathrooms, as assigned.
- Implement use of highly specialized cleaning duties using special equipment such as carpet cleaner, floor waxer/polisher and spot cleaner.
- Perform regular maintenance and some minor trade work.
- Repair basic electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions.
- Paint, landscape/basic lawn maintenance and complete small construction projects.
- Provide setup, cleaning and teardown of facilities and equipment for events and meetings, sometimes outside normal work hours.
- Assist other ministries for events and meetings.
- Respond to requests from Pastor, staff members, and parishioners in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Work in a team environment with other maintenance personnel, other staff members and Pastor.
- Respond to emergency and security situations in a timely and effective manner
- Attend Diocesan meetings pertaining to safety, OSHA, contracts, certificates of insurance, etc.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of janitorial procedures
- Ability to use and understand cleaning chemicals and maintenance equipment
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, painting, AC equipment, lawn sprinkler system and maintenance equipment
- Ability to work unsupervised and follow schedule provided by Maintenance Team Leader
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, parishioners and contractors.
- Ability to work well with others
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work occasionally outside normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, for emergency situations and/or scheduled events
- Possibility of substituting Sunday AM for weekday hours
- Computer and/or PC skills in completion of maintenance activities and recordkeeping.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license
- Must be able to pass background screening procedures as mandated by the Diocese of Palm Beach
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Frequent walking and standing, reaching, stretching, climbing, bending and kneeling
- Frequent lifting and carrying of less than 44 lbs., and occasionally moderate lifting from 50-70 lbs.
- Continuous ability to see, to hear, to talk and communicate with others
- Frequent use of ladders and lifts at varied heights
- Frequent working with fumes
- Continuous use of hands and fingers.
- Working both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
- Driving of motorized vehicles
- Fluent in English
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application" from the following link: https://www.diocesepb.org/applications
Please forward the employment application, resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Patty Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org