Maintenance Technician - St. Joseph Catholic School
St. Joseph Catholic School is searching for a Maintenance Technician.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prioritize and complete duties assigned by Facilities Manager for each day/week.
- To complete detailed janitorial duties for the school, including but not limited to vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, dusting, polishing floors, cleaning windows and glass, emptying garbage, cleaning bathrooms, as assigned.
- To implement use of specialized cleaning duties using special equipment such as carpet cleaner, floor waxer/polisher and spot cleaner.
- To repair light electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions. Paint, landscape/basic lawn maintenance and complete small construction projects.
- To set up for events/meetings for the school which includes programming of AC units, setting up tables/chairs, breaking down tables/chairs, and lighting as requested.
- Deliver packages/mail to the office/classrooms.
- To understand Diocesan protocols, pertaining to safety, OSHA, contracts, certificates of insurance, and professional meetings at the school.
- To be able to operate a motorized vehicle (golf cart) for use around the campus.
- Other tasks, responsibilities, and duties may be assigned as needed by the principal and/or pastor.
- Detailed knowledge of janitorial and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to use and understand cleaning chemicals and maintenance equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, painting, AC equipment, lawn sprinkler system and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to multitask, for teamwork and of good relationships with other employees and contractors.
- Ability to make responsible judgment calls and maintain confidentially.
- Holds a valid Florida driver’s license and is able to drive a motor vehicle on occasion.
- Frequent walking and standing, reaching and bending (inside, outside and in various weather conditions)
- Frequent lifting and carrying of less than 44 lbs, and occasionally moderate lifting from 50-70 lbs.
- Continuous ability to see, to hear, to talk and communicate with others
- Occasional climbing of ladders, working with fumes, and pushing of storage carts.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To Apply please send inquiry to Interim Principal, Heather Lamb at email@example.com .