Maintenance Worker - St. Patrick Church
St. Patrick Parish is searching for a full time Maintenance Worker.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cleaning and maintenance of building and grounds
• Performing maintenance duties as directed by the Director of Operations
• Performs scheduled cleaning and maintenance duties
• Assists/provides setup and teardown of facilities as needed
• Collects and disposes of trash and recyclables.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• 2-4 years of experience in maintenance
• Have the ability to perform outlined tasks with minimum supervision.
• Be self-motivated.
• Have general knowledge of janitorial supplies and their applications.
• Be able to safely lift 50 pounds and to stand for long periods.
• Have on-call availability for emergencies.
• Have the ability to occasionally work at irregular hours and/or on weekends.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
• Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
• Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
• Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
• Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
• Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
• Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
• Frequent extended periods of sitting
• Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
• Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
• Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply please send all resumes and applications to:
Mark Anthony Chiarello
Director of Operations/Business
St. Patrick Catholic Church
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application" from the following link: https://www.diocesepb.org/applications