Media Center Assistant/Office Assistant-Cardinal Newman High School
Cardinal Newman High School is searching for a Media Center Assistant/Office Assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Supervise students in the media center
● Supervise lunch duty as needed
● Answer phones and greet visitors as needed
● Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
● Decision-making: to make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
● Communications and collaboration: must collaborate with administrators and support faculty & staff, students, and parents on a regular basis.
● Organizational skills: Organization and prioritization are the core elements of this position.
● Hours may vary from 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. to 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. per week.
● Experience in the field is preferred.
● Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment.
● Ability to work effectively with students, parents, colleagues, and administration.
● Strong ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task as well as being self-motivated
● Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
● Ability to multi-task, work independently, and make responsible judgment calls.
● Ability to stay focused and organized.
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Strong ethical values.
● Must have a high school diploma or GED
● Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
● Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
● Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
● Frequent extended periods of sitting
● Occasional periods of standing, kneeling, and climbing
● Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application" from the following link: https://www.diocesepb.org/applications
Please forward the employment application, resume, salary requirements, and list of references to the attention of the Principal.
Via US Mail:
512 Spencer Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33409