Middle School English Language Arts Teacher (Grades 6-8) - St. Joan of Arc Catholic School
St. Joan of Arc Catholic School is seeking a Middle School English Language Arts Teacher (Grades 6-8).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This candidate can help students learn, apply higher order thinking skills, and is qualified to teach all grade levels of Middle School English.
- The Middle School Teacher performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of the Dioceses of Palm Beach.
- BS / BA Degree in Education or English.
- Florida Department of Education 6-8 teaching certificate for English and/or Reading temporary or in the process of certification.
- Experience in teaching Middle School and/or High School in ELA.
- Excellent classroom management.
- Must engage in departmental and interdepartmental curriculum planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Must be available for consultation prior to and after the school day at the request of Pastor/Principal.
- Must be supportive and respectful of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church; experience in Roman Catholic environment preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills with skill in use of innovative instructional technologies.
- Excellent classroom management skills.
- Must have knowledge of basic tenets of Catholic Church.
- Excellent oral and written English -language communication skills, including clear speaking voice.
- Good spelling and grammar required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Occasional bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com