Middle School English Teacher - St. Joseph Catholic School
We’re growing! St. Joseph Catholic School has an opening for a qualified English teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. SJCS teachers are expected to plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program for middle school students. The candidate performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of St. Joseph Catholic School and the Diocese of Palm Beach.
Functions and Responsibility:
- Ability to engage students creatively in the learning process.
- Use the diocesan standards to create lesson plans and learning activities.
- Employ a variety of teaching methods to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom.
- Participate in reflective, self-directed, on-going professional development.
- Create and define goals and objectives for unit and daily lessons plans, prepare classroom activities, organize teaching materials, evaluate student performance, maintain classroom records, and manage time effectively.
- Use classroom and school-wide data to inform and improve instruction.
- Demonstrate excellent classroom management skills/knowledge as well as a thoughtful, age-appropriate behavior management plan.
- Have knowledge of and make use of best instructional practices in the classroom.
- Submit grades and lesson plans in a timely manner.
- Incorporate faith-based activities into lesson plans and daily routines.
- Hold conferences with students, parents, administrators, and other professionals.
- Participate in faculty meetings, retreats, school assemblies, and special events.
- BS/BA Degree in English, a related field, or a FL DOE approved alternative route.
- Florida Department of Education certificate in English 6-12 or Middle Grades English 5-9, temporary or professional, or eligible for certification.
- Excellent classroom management.
- Must be supportive and respectful of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Able to work collaboratively with other teachers and department staff.
- Must have clear and concise communications with students and parents.
- Must have a professional demeanor.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to Acting Principal, Mrs. Mindy Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org